Long Thanh Airport has long been a strategy to promote economic development in the Southeastern region of Vietnam. On January 5, 2021, the project officially implemented phase 1. This event has attracted attention from the political and economic in the country.
Pic 1: The Groundbreaking Ceremony of Phase 1 at Long Thanh airport attracted the press and media
Land planning tasks were assigned to Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee Cao Tien Dung. Land area to be acquired for Long Thanh Airport project is large; The number of affected households is so much that the pressure on site clearance is huge.
"This is the project with the largest land acquisition area that Dong Nai has done" - Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee Cao Tien Dung.
The task of building Long Thanh airport is extremely important
This is a key task to be performed in the coming time, Dong Nai province prioritizes implementation during the past 2 years since receiving the decision.
20/10/2020, Dong Nai carried out the stable handover of 2,600 hectares of land in phase 1, allocated land to 208 households, supported 1,167 households with the amount of more than 2.8 trillion VND. "Dong Nai has kept true commitments on the handing over of land to the Long Thanh Airport project as committed to the Government" - Mr. Cao Tien Dung said.
Estimated completion of the entire work of clearance will be completed in the first quarter - 2021.
Long Thanh Airport - expected to be the "point" of aviation in Southeast Asia
Implementation of Dong Nai Long Thanh Airport
- October 24, 1997 - Long Thanh Airport is part of the national airport system development plan, approved by the government.
- June 14, 2011 Decision No. 909 / QD-TTG was officially concretized.
- 11/11/2020 Decision No. 1777 / QD-TTg, the investment project to build Long Thanh airport phase 1.
- With the goal of phase: Build an airport to reach level 4F as decentralized by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- In phase 1, Long Thanh airport is completed: 1 runway, 1 passenger terminal. Ancillary works for: 25 million passengers, 1.2 million tons of cargo / year.
- Total investment: 109,112 billion VND.
- Expected completion time in 2025.
- Runway parameters: 4km long, 75m wide.
- Auxiliary works: taxiway, parking lot, station with area: 373,000 m2.
- Air traffic control tower: 123 m high.
- Canteen area, equipment maintenance, sanitation, fuel supply and wastewater.
Secondary infrastructure around Long Thanh Dong Nai airport
Long Thanh Airport is oriented to be the major aviation hub of Southeast Asia, and will be a disadvantage if the infrastructure is not worthy.
The main routes to connect the airport with vicinity provinces:
- Route 1 connecting Long Thanh airport with Highway 51 has a size of 6 lanes
- Road No. 2 connecting the airport with the expressway Ho Chi Minh City - Long Thanh - Dau Giay has 4 lanes.
The 4 main expressways shown in the following map will be "lifeblood" to help the 4 key point economic provinces to develop.
Long Thanh Airport is a "bomb" for Vietnam's economic development
Construction and operation of an airport will help the region develop. Bringing international tourists to Vietnam. It is both an international freight station and a place to promote the development of the Long Thanh area. It is both a stepping-stone for the regional economy, enhancing Vietnam's competitive position in the international arena.